Tide books for 2017 are now available to purchase in the Marina Reception for £1.00
New contracts have been issued to all berth holders, please complete the paperwork and return to the office on or before the 31st March 2017.
Maryport’s history goes back to the Roman times where a fort was constructed called Alauna, and was part of the Western Sea Defences and at the western edge of Hadrian’s wall. In the 1600’s the town located to the mouth of the river Ellen and was known as Ellenfoot. It wasn’t until the 1749 that Humphrey Senhouse started developing the town into a port when an Act of Parliament was passed, where he changed the name to Maryport after his wife Mary.
The port prospered from the shipbuilding and coal industries, and by 1838 Maryport was recognized as a port in its own right and it continued to expand with the building of Elizabeth dock 1857 and the Senhouse dock in 1884. The first steel ship was launched by the Ritson yard in 1885 and shipbuilding continued until August 1914 when the last ship was launched.